Terms & Conditions for Anstey Mills Cottages
Thank you for choosing to book with Anstey Mills Cottages. We look forward to welcoming you. By making this booking you are entering an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking below. I apologize in advance for the amount of ‘small print’ we are required to publicise.
1. Provisional bookings may be made online (for Sat-Sat only) or by telephone or email (including short breaks or variable starting date) which must be followed immediately by receipt of a booking form and the 20% deposit: Please note: this deposit prevents others from booking your space.
The price of the accommodation includes the following: Electricity, linen, towels, hot water, central heating by night storage heaters & Wifi. Well-behaved pets are permitted by prior arrangement only at the additional cost of £20 per pet per week /short break.
2. A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total holiday cost is required. Until this deposit is received by us any reservation is deemed provisional and as such may be varied or cancelled without prior notice. Payments may be made in cheque, bank transfer debit/credit card. For a Sat-Sat booking follow the link on Availability Calendar & Tariff to reserve online.
Please make cheques payable to Doris Braukmann-Pugsley or ring to pay by credit/debit card
or for BACS use: Bank account 04819470
Sort code 523042
Account name Doris Braukmann-Pugsley
Reference your name
or for foreign transfer:
Iban: GB40 NWBK 5230 4204 819470
BIC/SWIFT: NWBK GB2L
National Westminster Bank,
9 The Parade,
Somerset TA24 2ZD. UK
3. The balance of your holiday payment is due six weeks before the first day of your planned holiday. No reminder will be issued and in the event, your payment does not reach us by the said date we reserve the right to re-let the property concerned and in such circumstances, you are liable for the costs of the holiday in accordance with condition 4.
4. Cancellation by you
By making your booking, our agreement is a legal contract and your deposit is non-refundable. If you cannot take your holiday and the booking cannot be re-let, you are still liable to pay for the booking in full, even if we have not yet received your balance. We will attempt to re-let the accommodation and if we are successful you will be liable to pay only the 20% deposit in respect of each week which we were able to re-let. You will remain liable for the total cost of each week that remains un-let. You are advised to make your own cancellation insurance arrangements, we recommend Holiday cancellation insurance.
5. Cancellation by us
We would only cancel your holiday if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would, however, attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday. We will not be liable for any consequential loss you may suffer or to pay any compensation to you.
6. Arrival and Departure
The earliest time of arrival is 4 pm and the latest time for departure is 10 am.
Your accommodation will be available to you from 4 pm on the day of arrival unless otherwise arranged. We may not be able to accommodate you if you arrive earlier than the agreed time as we will be busy preparing your rooms. Please be ready to leave the accommodation by 10 am on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged. We will provide you with an invoice, payable on departure for any additional services you may have used during your stay.
7. Damage, Loss and Nuisance
a) That the supervision of children, babies, pets and any adults requiring care remains your responsibility at all times.
b) To be responsible for leaving the accommodation, otherwise, an extra cleaning charge will be levied at a rate of £40 for the Thatched Cottage and £50 for the Large Cottage.
c) To pay for any extra baskets of logs (£3, large cottage) and any damage or loss however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during occupation. Please take care when staying at our property. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages, which you cause, to the accommodation or its contents. All we ask is that you report any incidents as and when they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may send you an invoice for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant, and we may make an additional charge of £20 if you did not report this.
d) Not to cause nuisance or annoyance to occupants of nearby properties.
e) To allow reasonable access to the property by the Owner if it is deemed necessary, and without notice in an emergency.
f) Not to allow the property to be occupied by more than the maximum number of persons agreed in writing (booking form).
g) To take all due care in the cottages and surrounding land and to be responsible for your own safety at all times.
h) Pets are permitted under the express conditions that they are not permitted into the bedrooms or on furniture.
i) Pets must not be left in the cottage unattended.
j) Pets excrement must be picked up (scoops and special bags provided) and placed inside the black bags in the black bins.
If in our opinion any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be discharged and we may repossess the property immediately. You will remain liable for the whole cost of hire and no refund shall be due.
Any complaints should be made immediately or as soon as reasonably possible to us in order to give us a chance to rectify the situation. In every case, the complaint must be notified before departure. It is specifically agreed by you that failure to notify a complaint immediately or as soon as possible or at all before departure will entitle us to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of its merits.
We do not accept any liability for the death or injury sustained by or occasioned to any person staying at the cottage or guests of people staying at the cottages unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment. Tenants shall take all reasonable steps to secure and safeguard their property including motor vehicles and their contents. We shall not be liable for loss or damage, direct or indirect, to tenants’ property including motor vehicles and their contents during the tenancy unless caused by the negligence of the proprietors. We reserve the right to terminate the tenancy if the terms of the tenancy agreement are not kept or for any other good and sufficient reason. In such cases, the refund of the outstanding rental shall be deemed to discharge all liability of the proprietor to the tenant.
Any data collected during the course of this booking will be stored on our computer(s). With your permission, we may from time to time contact you about promotions and offers. We will not share your details with any third party.
11. The information provided in brochures and on websites is believed to be true and accurate as at the time of going to press and all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that descriptions given to you in relation to a particular property are accurate. In any event, you acknowledge that minor differences may arise between the photographs, illustrations and descriptions of a particular property appearing in the brochure or website and the actual property which are intended to give general guidance and do not form part of the agreement between you and us.