Thatched Cottage – Ideal for Romantic Breaks, Couples & Small Families
Our Thatched Cottage is a Grade II listed traditional stone, cob and thatch barn, boasting ancient beams and exposed stonework. ‘Enjoy England’ rewarded it the Quality in Tourism 4 Star Gold the last 5 years running! This lovely traditional cottage has a small, well-equipped kitchen, a spacious and cosy sitting room with sofa bed and dining area, and a large bathroom with a whirlpool bath for two.
This beautiful place boasts luxury and comfort: On the first floor, we have the open plan bedroom with king size bed, two futon chairs (doubling as single beds) a small toilet with wash basin and a separate shower. The heating is included in your rental: night storage heaters, warm towel rails and in kitchen and bathroom you have heated floor tiles.
Being our small cottage, it is never the less generously spaced for two, and even plus one or two children (two single futons upstairs or sofa bed downstairs ). The galleried bedroom is enhancing this feeling of openness and to add to this we have created outside sitting areas in front of the house as well as a decking at the back (access from the bedroom) a sun trap and a wonderful place to enjoy al fresco dinners, overlooking your private garden and adjacent fields.
And if you feel like crashing out, the whirlpool bath, heated tiles or oak floors will just add to that ambience of comfort and luxury that we would like to spoil you with.
- Spacious one bedroom cottage sleeping 2 plus 2 small children (cots available)
- Luxury bathroom with whirlpool bath (double seated) and washing machine
- Linen included (bed linen on lovely feather duvets and pillows, towels, tea cloth, …)
- Dog-friendly cottage with separate enclosed 'exercise' area
- Well equipped kitchen including dishwasher (Tumble-dryer in Barn)
- Electricity and central heating (night storage heaters, warm towel rails etc.) included
- Private patio overlooking your private garden and adjacent fields
- Ample parking outside your cottage
- Wifi internet access available (with differing signal strength due to our thick walls!)
- Flat screen TV with Freeview, DVD player and Docking Station for your phone or tablet
- German and French are spoken. Wir sprechen Deutsch . On parle Français un peu.